Monday, December 1, 2008

Memories and Using 2% of our Brain

Wow. I've let this slip. Has it really been since the 21st of November? Wow again.

Today is the 1st of December. Where does the time go? And I don't mean just the past week. My son, my baby, will be 23 in 2 days! How can that be? He was just 13 and before that he was just 3.

I still remember him taking my hand in his--it was small, but it was wide--and taking me down the street to show me these giant 'elephant' branches of leaves that had fallen from the neighbor's tree. He was so impressed, he wanted to share it with me. I remember thinking it wouldn't be long before his hand was bigger than mine. I was right. At 13 it was wider and thicker and I couldn't believe he had gotten so big. Now he's 6'2" or so and he wouldn't hold my hand if someone paid him. ;-D

I actually got on here to share something else and now I can't remember what it was! Oh! This will make you laugh: I just read Stanford studies show the average person only uses 2% of his brain! Two percent! (At least I remembered, so a few of those brain cells are firing). ;-D I thought it was bad when they said we used 10%! Have we gotten so used to computerized 'everything' we don't even use that piddling amount anymore? Geez!

Now, I have to be honest. I know some people I'm pretty sure might be running on that 2%--or less. But seriously. I realize it said 'the average person' and none of us are average, right? But come on! That might mean we're using LESS! ;-D

What do you think that other 98% could do if we found a way to access and use the heck out of it? I mean, do you think we could have ESP or fly or would it just mean we'd be smarter or quicker or think up better stuff?

A lot of people are completely satisfied using that 2%. I don't know about you, but I'm gonna try to find out how to use more than that. I don't know how, but I suspect the attempt to figure it out might actually trigger a few more brain cells. Whattaya think?

Here's to using your brain for more than head filler. As I used to tease my highly gifted daughter, "If you had half a brain you'd be dangerous." How dangerous are you?

Harvester Zoe

No comments: